The Clayton County Board of Health would like to take this opportunity to remind the residents, towns and businesses of our county, of the importance of continuing its efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19. These continued efforts to protect the community from illness includes the following measures:
- Continue to wear masks when around others who do not live with you.
- Continue to be mindful of and respect social distancing
- Continue to limit persons participating in events and gatherings to ensure social distancing.
- Avoid attending events or gatherings that do not implement social distancing measures whether you are at risk or not.
- Avoid poorly ventilated spaces with others.
- Continue to wash your hands often and cover your cough.
We recommend businesses continue with mitigation efforts. As we continue to navigate the future of COVID-19 we are encouraged by the availability of vaccines. Even after vaccination, the recommendations for masks, washing hands and social distancing will continue. Along with the state, we will continue to diligently monitor case
numbers, positivity rate and deaths. This data is monitored daily and will eventually lead to a time when mitigation efforts will be adjusted.