A key component to our festival is fun and interactive hands-on activities for K-8th grade students. Your festival activity will provide an excellent opportunity to educate the public face-to-face about the wonders of STEM and to showcase
Information and Guidelines
1. We expect 300 to 350 people to attend the festival.
2. We market the festival to Iowa schools within a 30 mile radius of Elkader.
3. There is no cost to exhibit.
4. For examples of past activities, please visit the Northeast STEM Hub website
5. Booths will be approximately 10’x10′. Each booth will be supplied with a 6 foot table and two chairs. If you would like a larger space, please include that information when registering.
6. All activities should be interactive and have a clear take-home message.
7. Ideal activities will serve a large number of visitors. This can be accomplished by developing an activity that can be done by many visitors simultaneously or quickly by few. If it is short in duration, you may wish to prepare a secondary activity for kids who become very engaged. You could also provide instructions for an activity that can be done safely at home.
8. Safety is paramount. Consider the safety of festival volunteers and visitors as you design your activity. Activities that the planning committee deems unsafe will not be included. Contact us if you have questions about the safety of your proposed activity.